المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : Friendship- A short story translated

Amal Al Sada
16/11/2006, 12:05 PM
अटूट मित्रता
An unbreakable friendship

http://www.imgag.com/product/full/ap/3032166/friendcp.gif

अफ्रीका में एक गांव में दो मित्र थे | एक का नाम कैपला और दूसरे का मौनिस था | दोनो की मित्रता अटूट थी | दोनो की गरीबी में पले थे

There was once two friends (living) in a village in Africa. One was named Kaipalo, and the other, Maunis. Their friendship was unbreakable. They were both raised in poverty

कैपलो और मौनिस एक लोहार की दुकान में लोहा पीटने का काम करते थे | वे दोनो बहुत मेहनती थे

Kaipalo and Maunis used to work as smiths in a blacksmith's shop. They were both very hardworking

एक दिन दोनो मित्र हाथो में हथौडा लेकर लोहा पीट रहे थे | अचानक कैपलो का हथौडा मौनिस के हाथ पर जा लगा | मौनिस चोट से तिलमिला उठा |
उसके मुह् (mu.nh) से चीख निकल गई | कैपलो घबरा गया | उसने अपना वह हाथ भट्टी में डालकर झुलसा लिया जिसकी असावधानी से उसके मित्र को चोट लगी थी | कपलो चीखा चिल्लाया नहीं | दर्द को पी गया

One day, with hammer in hand, they were both doing ironwork. Unexpectedly, Kaipalo's hammer hit Maunis's hand. Maunis rose (?), dazed. A cry of pain escaped his lips. Kaipalo became afraid/worried. Having placed the hand that through carelessness wounded his friend in the furnace/oven, he caused his own hand to be burned. Kaipalo didn't cry out or scream. He drank up the pain (the pain was drank up?)

मौनिस ने दुखी हो कर कहा --- हाय कैपलो, यह तुमने क्या किया? अपना हाथ क्यों झुलसा लिया? मेरे हाथ पर तुमने जान बूझकर तो हथौडा नहीं मारा था | अपने दर्द से नहीं बल्कि कैपलो के दर्द से मौनिस की आंखो में आंसू आ गये |

Having become sad, Maunis said, "My, Kaipalo, what have you done? Why did you burn your hand? You didn't purposely hit my hand with the hammer". Tears came to Maunis's eyes, not because of his own pain, but because of Kaipalo's

कैपलो ने मौनिस के आंसू पोंछते हए कहा --- तुमने मेरे हथौडे की चोट सह ली तो क्या मैं भट्टी की आग नहीं सह सकता?

Having wiped away Maunis's tears, Kaipalo said, "You endured the wound caused by my hammer, so wasn't I capable of enduring the furnace's fire?"

मौनिस ने कैपलो के जले हाथ पर दिवाई लगाते हुए कहा --- नहीं | नहीं | तुमने गलती की |

Maunis applied medicine on Kaipalo's burnt hand and said, "No, no! You did wrong!". (made a mistake)

कैपलो ने मौनिस को बाहो में भरते हुए कहा --- मित्र मौनिस! मेरे पास इतना सोचने के लिये समय ही कहाँ था?

Kaipalo hugged Maunis and said, "My friend (Maunis)! Where was the time for so much thought?"

एक दिन दुकान का मालिक चला गया | अब कैपलो और मौनिस ही उस दुकान और मकान के मालिक थे | कमाई बढती गई परंतु दोनो को संतोश न था

One day the shop's owner left. Now, Kaipalo and Maunis were the masters of the shop and house. Their earnings had increased but neither were content

एक दिन मौनिस ने पूछा --- आखिर में तुम क्या बनना चाह्ते हो?

One day Maunis asked, "What do you want to become in the end?". (is this the idiomatic phrase for, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

कैपलो ने उत्तर दिया --- अपने देश का राजा | और तुम क्या चाहते हो?

Kaipalo replied, "The king of my own country. And what do you want?"

मौनिस बोला --- अपने देश का सबसे बडा व्यापारी

Maunis said,"The biggest businessman in my country"

कैपलो ने कहा --- क्यों नहीं | तुम सबसे बडे व्यापारी बन सकते हो |

Kaipalo said, "Why not? You can do it"
"literally, "You are capable of becoming the biggest businessman"

दोनो मित्र खिलखिला कर हंस पडे

The two friends were overcome with gigling and laughter
not quite sure how to translate that one- having giggled

एक दिन कैपलो चुपचाप शहर चला गया | वह लोगो को इकट्ठा करके अपने साथ मिलाने लगा | एक दिन लोगो ने उसे सचमुच राजगद्दी पर बिठा दिया

One day Kaipalo quietly left town. Those people who felt like meeting convened an assembly (Guessing here). One day, the people truly placed him (Kaipalo) on the throne

उधर मौनिस भी पुरी लगन से व्यापार करता रहा | अब उसके जहाज विदेशो को माल ले जाते थे | वह सचमुच अपने देश का सबसे बडा व्यापारी बन गया था |

There, too, Maunis continued to do business with full effort. His ships now took merchandise to foreign countries. He truly became the biggest businessman in his country