المساعد الشخصي الرقمي

مشاهدة النسخة كاملة : رحابة الصدر, من وصايا لقمان لإبنه

رغد رياض العبيدي
15/05/2008, 05:04 AM
السلام عليكم اخوتي واخواتي
احببت ان انقل لكم اليوم ترجمة لقطعة نثرية الى اللغة الإنكليزية, متمنية ان تستفيدوا منها لما فيها من حكم جميلة

رحابة الصدر
من وصايا لقمان لإبنه, بقلم : ميخائيل نعيمة
يا بني, لئن اكتملت لك كل الصفات الحسنة إلا رحابة الصدر, بقيت ريشة في مهب الريح, وألعوبة في أيدي محكوميك. ورحابة الصدر تعني الصبر الجميل على المعارضة من أي نوع كانت ومن أي مصدر جاءت, كما يتاح لك ان تقوم اعوجاجك, او تقوم اعوجاجها ان كانت معوجة وكنت مستقيما.

تعلم رحابة الصدر, يا بني من الارض ومن البحر ومن الهواء, فإن الارض لا تضيق بالظربان دون الغزلان, وبالعوسجة دون البنفسجة, وبالتراب دون التبر, وبالاشرار دون الابرار, والبحر لا يقبل اللؤلؤة دون البنفسجة, والجدول الصافي دون الساقية العكرة, ومراكب الحجاج دون مواكب القرصان. والهواء لا يرقص لشدو البلبل ويمتعض لنعيق الضفادع, وهو لا يسكر بشذا الزنبق ويتقيأ لرائحة (لحوم) نتنة, وهو لا يعتز بالبازي ويخجل بالخفاش, وهو لا يستأنس بالنهار ويتوحش بالليل, لذلك اوصيك برحابة الصدر قبل كل شيء وبعد كل شيء.

رغد رياض العبيدي
15/05/2008, 05:15 AM
وهذه هي الترجمة الانكليزية
Forbearance
My son, if you have perfected yourself in all virtues except for forbearance, you will still be a feather blown in the wind and a toy in the hands of your subjects. Forbearance means abundant patience for opposition of any sort it may be and from any source it may come, so as to have the possibility to straighten out your deviation, or to straighten out its own, if it were deviated and you were straight.

My son, let the land, the sea, the air teach you forbearance. On the land, there is room for polecats as well as for gazelles; there is room for the cactus and the violet alike; for the dust and the gold; for the wicked and the good. The sea does not reject the sponge to welcome only the pearl. It receives likewise the pure water of the stream and the troubled water of the gutter; the vessels of the pilgrims as well as the ships of the pirates. The air does not dance to the nightingale's song and gets irritated by the frog's croaking, nor does it get drunk with the perfume of the lily whereas it vomits of a carrion smell; it is not proud of the falcon and ashamed of the bat; it does not welcome the day and dread the night. That is why I advise you to have forbearance before all and above all.