Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
رأي الجاحظ في قصْر فضيلة الشعر على العرب، وعدم جواز نقله وترجمته - الصفحة 2

آخـــر الـــمـــشـــاركــــات

+ الرد على الموضوع
صفحة 2 من 2 الأولىالأولى 1 2
النتائج 21 إلى 27 من 27

الموضوع: رأي الجاحظ في قصْر فضيلة الشعر على العرب، وعدم جواز نقله وترجمته

مترجم / أدب إنجليزي
    من كبار أعضاء الجمعية
    الصورة الرمزية سامي خمو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    26/09/2006
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

افتراضي رد: رأي الجاحظ في قصْر فضيلة الشعر على العرب، وعدم جواز نقله وترجمته

الأستاذ الفاضل أحمد المدهون

شكراً على إثارة هذا الموضوع الهام كما أتقدم بالتهاني القلبية للأستاذ الكبير جمال الأحمر
    على نشر كتابه القيّم.

كما أشكر كافة الأساتذة والزملاء الذين عبروا عن وجهة نظرهم ولا سيما الأستاذ الكبير
    الدكتور مسلك ميمون الذي ذكر أسمي كأحد مترجمي القصائد العربية إلى الإنجليزية.

الجاحظ محق فيما ذهب إليه بشأن الأذى الذي يصيب الشعر العربي عند ترجمته إلى اللغات
    الأجنبية ولكنني استشهد بما ذكره المترجم والأديب الكبير محمود عباس مسعود عن الحيف
    الذي يصيب الشعر العربي ببقائه محبوساً في الكتب العربية بما يتضمنه من عناصر الجمال
    والبلاغة والأفكار النيرة.

وبما أننا لسنا قادرين على تعليم كل العالم لغتنا العربية ليطرب بإنتاج شعرائنا الأفذاذ فمن
    أضعف الأيمان أن نشجع ترجمة الشعر العربي إلى اللغات الأجنبية.

ولعل أفكار الجاحظ، في معظم الأحوال، تخص العصر الذي عاش فيه، حيث اقتصرت المعرفة على
    قلة محدودة من المتعلمين ولا تنطبق غالباً على عصرنا في القرن الحادي والعشرين الذي يعج
    بالمثقفين في شتى التخصصات العلمية والاجتماعية والأدبية وتوفـّر المصادر العلمية والأدبية
    ومختلف القواميس والمسارد المطبوعة منها والإلكترونية التي تساعد المترجم في مهمته.

أليس تقصيرنا في نقل الفكر العربي إلى اللغات الأجنبية من الأسباب التي تساهم في سوء
    فهم الغرب لنا؟

وانسجاماً مع زميلي المترجم القدير مجدي عبد الواحد عنبه أقول: "ماذا كان الجاحظ يعتقد لو
    عاش بيننا وشاهد هذه الثورة العالمية في مجال الاتصالات التي حوّلت العالم إلى قرية صغيرة؟".

مع خالص الود،

سامي خمو

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة سامي خمو ; 24/06/2011 الساعة 05:10 AM

شــاعر الصورة الرمزية محمد العباسي
    تاريخ التسجيل
    28/06/2007
    العمر
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

الأستاذ أحمد المدهون

كنت هنا أرتوي
    حيث قلم يستحق التقدير
    فتحياتي لشخصك الكريم
    دمت بود

انا العبد لله
    ولدتُ هنا و أعيش هنا
    انا المسكين انا المعذب
    انا الذي بي الحال تقلب انا البحر تارة
    و الغريق تارة
    أنا الذي لو لم يكن عربياً ... لتعرب
    أنا المحب
    انا المؤمن
    انا ابعد ما اكون عن نفسي ... و أقرب
    (((صلي على نبيك محمد صلى الله علية و سلم)))
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/%D8%A7...745580?sk=wall

عـضــو
    تاريخ التسجيل
    01/02/2011
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

شكرا للاستاذ الدكتور جمال

جهد طيب نافع باذن الله

والشكر موصول لجميع الجهود العالية لخدمة الادب العربي وقضايا الشعر

بارك الله بكم اخي

د. مادي

أستاذ جامعي الصورة الرمزية جمال الأحمر
    تاريخ التسجيل
    10/07/2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

هنأكم الله بكل خير، وأسأل الله تعالى لكم بمثل.

لا زلت ألتقط الدرر. وحقا؛ منهومان لا يشبعان...

أحسست أن الصفحة بقيت ناقصة، حتى حلت بها كوكبة من أهل القلم، على رأسهم المترجم الكبير الأستاذ سامي خمو.

وقد أثريت بمناقشات المترجم مجدي عبد الواحد عنبة، والأساتذة فخري فزع، وعلي فرحان، ومحمد العباسي ومادي مدني.

ورُصعت كل تلك الإثراءات بكتابة منمقة على يد المترجم الكبير الأستاذ محمود عباس مسعود.

وأذكّر الأساتذة المتدخلين أنه لم تناقش، إلى حد الساعة، سوى نقطة واحدة أو اثنتان وبقيتْ بقـــيّـة النقاط مهملة إلا من مناقشات الأستاذين محمود عباس مسعود ومسلك ميمون.

نقره لتكبير أو تصغير الصورة ونقرتين لعرض الصورة في صفحة مستقلة بحجمها الطبيعي

عـضــو الصورة الرمزية فهد علي
    تاريخ التسجيل
    20/04/2010
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
    نشكركم شكرا جزيلا على هذا الموضوع الشيق والمفيد ونتطلع منكم المزيد والمزيد
    سلملم ودمتم سالمين

عـضــو الصورة الرمزية حجي حبيب
    تاريخ التسجيل
    12/08/2009
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

السلام عليكم احبتي الشعراء والمترجمين

اطلعت على كل ما افضتم به من اراء وافكار وكلها تزيد النقاش والموضوع حسنا" واهمية" . اشكر الاستاذ الذي طرق هذا الموضوع ولكل من ساهم فيه وشكري الكبير للاستاذ محمود عباس الذي لم يترك لنا شيئا" نقوله ولا تعليقا" نضيفه , فقد ابدع واوجز واوصل الفكرة وافهم . شكرا" استاذ محمود عباس .

تحيتي من ارض الرافـــدين

من مدينة المساجد وبلدة الاماجد الفلوجــــــــــــــــــــــــــــة

أستاذ جامعي الصورة الرمزية جمال الأحمر
    تاريخ التسجيل
    10/07/2008
    المشاركات
    معدل تقييم المستوى

Poetry Translation
    By Gwyneth Box
    Freelance writer, translator and website editor.
    Provides Spanish and English, both direct and indirect translations.
    Focuses on literary translation.
    editor@patchword.com
    www.patchword.com
    (A version of this article appeared in Lateral Moves No. 30, 2000)

Here are a few thoughts about the process and product of translation of poetry, based on a Spanish original (Mi Amiga La Foca) and English translation (Eating Disorder). A literal translation is included for those who don’t read Spanish.

The original poem was inspired by something said by a friend of mine when I turned up for coffee one day: she announced that she’d made me a cake as I was looking thin recently. My weight and basic body shape have hardly changed in years and I’m certainly not underweight. But anyway, from that point a poem was born.

There’s nothing complex about the original: it just wrote itself almost without thought. The only problem was in the fourth verse where I wanted to put ‘No escucha mi sugestión…’ which would have rhymed with ‘digestión’. Although my dictionary tells me that this is acceptable, my Spanish sounding board told me that ‘sugestión’ should be ‘sugerencia’, which threw out the whole verse and took me half a day to fix.

Then I decided to translate the poem into English. I wanted to keep the erratic rhythm structure but knew some changes to content would be needed if the form were to remain similar to the original.

The first problem is the idea of ‘una foca’. Literally ‘a seal’ it is used colloquially to refer to a plump person of either sex. Collins Spanish-English dictionary suggests it be translated as ‘ugly lump’ but I’m too used to it being used affectionately (I said I’m not underweight!) I also liked the animal imagery, which continues with the whale, so ‘cow’ was obviously an option. But note that although in Spanish you can ‘be a foca’, ‘to be a fat cow’ is not the same as ‘to be as fat as a cow’. The latter sounds substantially less pejorative to me.

In the second verse I was quite pleased with the almost rhyme which occurred to me quickly and felt it was better to keep this as a couplet rather than completely re-writing. It was also pretty obvious that saying she ‘had a real sweet-tooth’ (‘una auténtica golosa’) was going to leave me up the creek without a rhyme. A similar thought process accompanied the translation of verse three.

It’s possible that I would have stuck closer to the original number of lines if I had been willing to write in the dum-ti-dum doggerel which I usually find so easy in English. One of the objects of the exercise, however, was to break out of this rhythm and yet write a poem that rhymed. It had proved so easy in Spanish that I felt I should be capable of doing the same in my mother tongue.

The English verse four allowed me to use the word ‘suggestion’ as I had originally intended. The list of foods in verse five was re-written with a more English angle. (And, yes, I do know the joke about the rabbit who died of mixing his toasties).

It took an effort of will power not to end with a longer line with more traditional rhythm, but ‘She’ll pop.’ was all that was needed, and fortunately has the added advantage of appropriate suddenness.

Now, can someone tell me, is this a translation or a new poem? I wrote the original, so I felt no qualms about my alterations both to content and form; before I began the English version I had decided what my prime objectives were: the same basic couplet structure for rhymes, the same basic verse structure, and as much as possible of the idea to be maintained. But would I have had the nerve to do this to someone else’s work? And would they have been satisfied with it if I had?

As an English teacher I am constantly telling my students that I can’t directly translate what they say in Spanish: I need to convert it to English ideas and then express them in the equivalent language. That is what I was trying to do here.

I suspect that the fact that I was translating into my mother tongue was a considerable advantage as it meant I had a far wider range of vocabulary and phrasing. (I’d describe myself as functionally bi-lingual, but learned Spanish in my thirties, so will never speak it as well as I do English.) This probably accounts for the English title which is such a familiar expression but one I would never use in Spanish.

I also wonder whether the triviality of the poem made it easier to translate. There was nothing to be gained from reading between the lines, no great social comment, no ulterior motives or deliberate ambiguity. There was therefore no big problem with translation of puns or oblique references: it could all be dealt with on one, superficial, level.

As I say, I am quite satisfied with the translation I have produced. But what would happen if someone now attempted to put the English version into Spanish? Which criteria would they choose to concentrate on? Each translation will be seen to be producing a new poem. And the more obscure or profound the original, the more likely it is to lose (or gain) in the translation.

Naturally most of us will have to rely on translators to make our work accessible to others and others’ work accessible to us. But we should bear in mind that with any translation we read we are only viewing a misty image of the original, through the lens of the translator’s mind.

Mi amiga la foca (Original)

Mi amiga es una foca
    Siempre con la boca
    Llena:
    Pronto será una ballena.
    Come cualquier cosa,
    Tanto salada como sosa,
    Y es una auténtica golosa.
    No le satisface
    Toda la comida que su madre hace
    (Quien cocina todo el día
    Para alimentar su voraz cría)
    Siempre quiere comida
    Incluso cuando está dormida;
    No me deja sugerir
    Que se detenga para digerir.
    Sólo le interesa
    La próxima hamburguesa,
    Espaguetis, macarrones
    Aceitunas, boquerones
    Pan, galletas, queso…
    Y todo eso.
    Sigue comiendo,
    Y tan gorda se está poniendo
    Que me parece que se hincha
    Como un globo: ¡A ver si no se pincha !

My Friend the Lump (Literal Translation)

My friend is a fat lump
    Always with her mouth
    Full:
    Soon she’ll be a whale.
    She eats anything,
    Both salty and insipid,
    And has a real sweet tooth
    She isn’t satisfied
    With all the food her mother makes
    (Who cooks all day
    To feed her hungry child.)
    She always wants food
    Even when she’s half-asleep;
    She doesn’t let me suggest
    That she stop to digest.
    She’s only interested in
    The next hamburger,
    Spaghetti, macaroni,
    Olives, anchovies,
    Bread, biscuits, cheese…
    And all that.
    She keeps on eating,
    And she’s getting so fat
    It seems to me that she’s swelling up
    Like a balloon: I wonder if she’ll burst!

Eating disorder (Translation)

My friend’s as fat as a cow
    But she goes on eating anyhow;
    There’s nothing frail
    About her: she’s a whale.
    She’ll eat anything and everything, sweet or savoury, it
    Doesn’t matter, though pasta’s her favourite.
    Her mother has no time to do what she oughta -
    Always cooking for her daughter.
    Her appetite would take some beating:
    She just goes on eating
    Ignoring all suggestions
    About her digestion:
    She binges on cheese,
    And Devon cream teas,
    Mixing her toasties
    With beef, yorkshires, roasties…
    And all of that stuff:
    It’s never enough.
    Now, she’s round as a ball:
    As broad as she’s tall;
    If she doesn’t stop
    She’ll pop.

http://www.translationdirectory.com/article128.htm

+ الرد على الموضوع
صفحة 2 من 2 الأولىالأولى 1 2

الأعضاء الذين شاهدوا هذا الموضوع : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

لا يوجد أعضاء لوضعهم في القائمة في هذا الوقت.

الكلمات الدلالية لهذا الموضوع

المفضلات

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك
  •